Tuesday, May 31, 2005

In a Different Place

Last week, Central Village reported that Mark Gardener of Ride was going to be playing solo shows at The Living Room last night and tonight (Monday and Tuesday). This seemed like a nice, reasonably priced option to wind down after spending my Memorial Day weekend at a wedding of someone I didn't know in Syracuse. Peephole and I arrived at The Living Room shortly before 8, mildly worried we didn't get there in time to get a table. Our concerns quickly evaporated when we realized that, aside from staff, there was NO ONE in The Living Room. No members of Ride, no fans of shoegazer rock, no nothing. The bartender said Mr. Gardener was supposed to be there but there was no sign of him. Thirty minutes pass and still no musicians or fans. Needless to say, we were a bit confused. Perhaps Mr. Gardener's non-appearance has something to do with The Living Room's show listings: Mark Gardenerer was scheduled to play last night, while Mark Gardener of Ride is scheduled for tonight.

As much as I want to leave it all behind tonight, in all likelihood, I will not attempt to go back to The Living Room tonight, but it will be a game-time decision because this afternoon I get to see David Beckham's debut in the USA. The lip service Becks paid to America at yesterday's press conference has Soccernet speculating that he might pull a Pele/Beckenbauer and play professional soccer over here in the near future. I'll believe it when I see it. For now, I am happy that I will get to see Michael Owen, Becks, and of course Arsenal's Ashley Cole (though he may be on his way out of Arsenal after the Chelsea scandal). Fellow Gunner, Sol Campbell, won't be playing because he is still injured. And, despite my allegiance to Arsenal, I have to say I am a bit disappointed that John Terry of Chelsea - the best player in the Premiership this year and Neil Peart doppelganger (which is probably why I like him) - is at home getting surgery on his toe.

4 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Blogger Jeff said...

Yeah...oops. I was there too and disappointed that the place was empty and he never showed. Weird. He's playing at Rothko tomorrow tho...so they say.

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Brother Roy said...

Joseph Paxton

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Brother Roy said...

http://www.broroy.com/Friendship.html ">arboretum

 
At 1:12 AM, Blogger job opportunitya said...

Super blog. I web surf when I have the time for
blogs like this one.Your site was nice and will be
visited again!
Hey playa! You need to check out my awful plastic surgery celebrity blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home