Tuesday, June 14, 2005

November f-ing 3rd

I had recently learned from their respective websites that the NIN and QOTSA were going to tour together in the fall. On their own, in smaller venues, these bands played the two most banging shows (I didn't say best - that's a toughie) I have seen this year. Together, in an arena, the havoc they will wreak will be awe-inspiring.

The only hitch that I foresaw when this was announced was the fall timing of the tour. In September, I start a job that is a touch more intense than my current placement (not to say that this one doesn't have its moments) which will most certainly not allow me to keep updating this webpage at the vigorous pace that I maintain (heh). I just read on NIN's webpage (thanks to ProductshopNYC), that this amalgam of stoner rock and industrial mayhem will play MSG on Thursday, November 3rd. I knew there would be shows that might get missed at my new job, but I really hope this isn't the first one (or the second, etc.), so here's hoping that Thursday night is a mellow one at Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe.

My only other concern is that Josh Homme's badass ways would be muted by then thanks to a court-ordered stint in rehab - what has this world come to if a rock star can't dump a bottle of beer on another musician and then clock him with the beer bottle? Jack White didn't get anything for beating the hell out of that Von Blondie - C'mon!

2 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, Blogger Basket said...

Bon jour. Le temps amer que je vois.

Chercher le temps et quelques comment terrien ici.

Blog agréable.

Je devrai revenir plus tard.

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Hunt and Fish said...

Great post, I enjoyed reading it.

Adding you to favorites, Ill have to come back and read it again later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home